Settlements And Verdicts
Wyoming, Arizona, Utah And Idaho Lawyers With A Track Record Of Success
Our comprehensive approach to investigation, research and preparation has enabled us to obtain positive outcomes for many clients in our chosen practice areas, including personal injury and felony criminal defense.
At the Bowers Law Firm in Afton, Wyoming, we put your interests first and fight tenaciously for your rights. Please review these brief summaries of some of our notable cases, and contact us anytime for a free evaluation of your legal needs and options.
Major, Notable Personal Injury Cases:
- Working on-site in the oil and gas industry, our client suffered severe leg and back injuries from the impact of a dropped pipe. We reached a confidential settlement for over $1 million.
- Our client suffered back, spine and leg injuries when a semi trailer hit his vehicle. We obtained a confidential settlement for over $800,000.
- In a case involving premises liability, our client suffered head and neck injuries while riding the defendant’s horse. We reached a confidential settlement for over $250,000
- After a car accident that caused a back injury and lost time from work, our client was offered only $3,000 to settle. We tried this case and obtained a $120,000 jury verdict.
- A resident in a nursing home became ill, and the staff’s refusal to provide immediate medical treatment caused other serious illnesses and long-term health problems. We obtained a confidential settlement for over $270,000. Our firm capably handles medical malpractice cases.
- Our client was in a vehicle accident when a semi-truck hit our client while driving a pilot car for a construction company. Our client suffered severe bodily injuries. In litigation the defense argued that the accident was our clients fault. We prevailed and reached a confidential settlement for over one million dollars.
- Our client was working as for a public entity when hit by a car. Our client suffered injuries to her back and knee. In litigation the defense argued she had fully recovered. Ultimately we prevailed and reached a confidential settlement for over two hundred thousand dollars.
- Our client slipped and fell on the ice in front of a business. Our client suffered from an injured elbow. We reached a confidential settlement of over fifty thousand dollars.
- Our minor client inadvertently stepped into an uncovered open pit with a moving auger, which caught hold of the clothes, and the auger seriously injured his foot. The defense argued that the injuries were the cause of other individual’s actions. We countered with evidence showing the actions and omissions of the company. We prevailed and reached a confidential settlement for over a half million dollars.
- Our client was injured by security personnel at a bar and suffered significant and injuries to his chest and back, ultimately requiring surgery. He fully recovered from his injuries. The defense argued that our client caused the altercation and had recovered. We countered with evidence of improper hiring and training of the security personnel. We prevailed and reached a confidential settlement for three hundred thousand dollars.
- Our client was a commercial truck driver. Another vehicle caused an accident that he witnessed in which two people were killed. Our client suffered severe post-traumatic stress because of witnessing the deaths and could not continue to work as a commercial driver. We reached a confidential settlement for our client, in which he received over a half million dollars.
Wrongful Death Cases:
- Our client was involved in an accident when the driver lost control on black ice, when off the road and rolled several times. Our client was pregnant at the time and was fully ejected from the car. Her unborn child did not survive the accident. Our client reached a confidential significant settlement.
- Our client’s family member was involved in a vehicle accident when the Defendant attempted to pass another vehicle on slick roads and lost control of her vehicle killing her. Our client’s estate reached a confidential significant settlement.
Our client had surgery and was cleared to go home. When she died, the autopsy showed it indicated her death was a caused by a combination of prescription drugs. The defendants argued that the prescriptions were prescribed with the standards. We countered with evidence including expert witnesses who said the defendants actions were not within the applicable standards. We prevailed and reached a confidential settlement in excess of two million dollars.
Favorable Outcomes Through Aggressive Criminal Defense
Attorney John D. Bowers knows felony criminal defense strategies well from valuable experience as an elected prosecutor, when he successfully obtained convictions in hundreds of cases including a murder that had occurred 15 years before. Our legal team’s dedication has been instrumental in cases such as:
- A verdict of not guilty on all counts delivered for our clients, a husband and wife charged with attempted murder for shooting a man five times. At trial we successfully presented evidence that the shooting was an act of self-defense.
- Numerous successful trials and appeals in a wide range of federal courts, ranging from white collar crime to civil litigation in personal injury cases
Advocating for Wyoming, Utah, Arizona and Idaho Clients
When you have important legal needs in western Wyoming, southeast Idaho or northern Utah, your decision to contact us at the Bowers Law Firm can be a decisive step toward a positive outcome and better future.